Monday, July 7, 2014

A Two-Faced Son-Of-A-Gun--By Robert L. Hinshaw--United States

A Two-Faced Son-Of-A-Gun

Even Honest Abe Lincoln admitted himself that he wasn't all that pretty,

   But you'll be hard-pressed to find a president who was more witty!

      During debates, Stephen Douglas called him a two-faced son-of-a-gun.

         Lincoln replied, "If I had another face, do you think I would wear this one?"

Robert L. Hinshaw served 30 years in the Air Force retiring in 1978 in the grade of Chief Master Sergeant. He began writing poetry in 2002 at age 72 and has composed over 1100 poems.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Robert...I enjoyed your humorous poem. It made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, what a great poem! alot of humor very
    funny had a big smile on my face. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha! Robert this poem made me LOL and for sure I love humor and a humorous write, as is yours! I think that is how we all feel at one time or another! I mean, if I had another face I would sure wear that one! Smile........... Cute poem, my friend! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good fun poem/read Robert, an enjoyable visit - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Robert. Fun and witty poem. Nicely written. Thank you for sharing and thank you as well for your service to this country and all those in need. God bless you! My father served over 30 years and retired from the United States Navy. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robert,

    What a joy to read this very humorous poem that had me chuckling. Thanking you for sharing this witty poem with us all.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete