Sunday, May 10, 2015

Geese--By Robert L. Hinshaw--United States

Geese

I think that I shall never see,
A more magnificent scene to me,
Than skeins of geese in pure flight!
'Tis truly an awe-inspiring sight!
'Tis a wonder of God's Creation,
That they fly in perfect V formation!
As they glide thro' autumn's lowering skies,
I harken to hear their haunting cries!
I stand in awe as they pass in review,
Blessing my soul as all too soon they fade from view.

Robert L. Hinshaw served 30 years in the Air Force retiring in 1978 in the grade of Chief Master Sergeant. He began writing poetry in 2002 at age 72 and has composed over 1100 poems.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I do so heartily agree! They are so very awe-inspiring and pure joy to witness! Thanks for sharing such an awesome poem! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem Robert. I've observed in awe, geese lining up in preparation for take off! It was an amazing spectacle! Such a beautiful ascent, & then as you described, in perfect V formation off they flew. "Tis a wonder of God's creation", as you stated! Thanks for an enjoyable piece. Best wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Robert. I enjoyed your well-written, visual poem. I agree, seeing geese fly in formation is an awesome sight. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these descriptions, Bob - brought back happy childhood memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello old friend! This is Russell from poetry soup. I really enjoyed your tremendous piece here. You have formulated a magnificent geese inspired wondrous poem. Thank you for sharing such a grandiose work of art!

    ReplyDelete