Friday, November 20, 2015

It Never Came--By David Williams--England

It Never Came

Your industrial face carries the pain of waiting;
but it never came.
Your flesh pitted with the scars of wanting;
but it never came.
Your heart heavy with the sorrow of trying;
but it never came.
Your voice faint with the force of praying;
but it never came.
Your eyes pale with the sea of tears;
but it never came.
Your hands drip sweat with the worry;
but it never came.
Your soul cries out from the frustration;
but it never came.
For you, it was never meant to be;
It never came!

David Williams was born in England and has resided there all of his life. He started writing poetry at the tender age of 14. He was encouraged to enter a local school poetry contest and went on to win it. In later life, he joined many local poetry groups and writers circles, eventually becoming chairman. He has had 9 poetry books published and is collating material for two more books which will hopefully be out later this year. He holds workshops to help and encourage writers to understand the many different forms of poetry. He has won many contests and is also a recognised poetry judge.

4 comments:

  1. My oh my, what an interesting write. It leaves me with the question of what in the world is the person waiting for so bent on having and not receiving. Should I ask myself the same question? Having not received my fondest dreams, does it mean I never will? Maybe it is the wrong thing I am desiring. Should I change my desires to accommodate what is so I will stop feeling so frustrated? The questions go on and on. Thank you David for such a thought provoking poem. Your talent is evident.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene, Thank you, that is exactly the response I want....to keep the reader thinking .

      Delete
  2. 'Your eyes pale with the sea of tears' - wow line! Enjoyed reading your poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheikha, Thank you for your kind comment..

      Delete